Interchange Illawarra has been providing support to people with disabilities since 1981.
We are known for
- Working with people with disability, with particular expertise in working with people who have ASD and/or intellectual disabilities
- A ‘can-do’ and innovative approach to providing flexible support
- Partnering and collaborating with others to deliver better outcomes for people with disability
- Providing frequent training & upskilling opportunities for our support workers and volunteers
- Supporting carers through our carer health and well-being program
Interchange Illawarra offers a wide range of supports including:
- Social Support group activities including Weekday Groups, Friday night activities and weekends away.
- Short holidays (we take small groups on great holidays to places like Cairns and the Gold Coast).
- Short Term Accommodation options (in Wollongong and Lake Illawarra).
- Parent/Carer Health and Wellbeing Program.
- Daily Living Assistance.
- Individual Support.
- Community Inclusion.
- Capacity Building.
- School holiday programs (for high school students).
- Saturplay (program for children with Autism and challenging behaviours for 4 to 12 year olds).
- MyTime (program for parents and carers of a child (aged 0-16 years) with a disability, chronic medical condition or other additional needs including developmental delay).
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the support options that may be of interest to you.
- Click here to see our Support Catalogue.