Interchange Illawarra is a not for profit, community based, registered NDIS organisation providing quality flexible supports for people with disabilities.
We have been in operation since 1981, and we are proud to provide leadership, advocacy and valued services to people with disabilities and their families.
Interchange Illawarra is known for:
- Working with people with disability, with particular expertise in working with people who have ASD and/or intellectual disabilities.
- A ‘can-do’ and innovative approach to providing flexible support.
- Providing frequent training and upskilling opportunities for our support workers.
- Supporting carers through our Parents/Carer Health and Wellbeing Program.
We are proud of our flexible approach, especially with our Social Support Group Activities. Participants don’t need to sign up for a certain day a week, instead they are welcome to view the activities brochures and book in for only the activities they are interested in. For more information about our Social Support activities for Adults click here or for under 18’s here.
What you can expect from Interchange Illawarra
You can expect all of our supports to be:
- Local: We believe local staff with knowledge of our area should support local people. Our workforce, from our Support Workers to our Support Coordinators, use their knowledge of our area to provide customised and flexible services.
- The Right Level of Support: We offer several models of support to prevent unnecessary over servicing and provide the best value for money.
- Person-centred: We pride ourselves on delivering a person-centred service. We are professional, yet still friendly, warm and interested in you and your experiences. We present convenient, ethical and responsible support options for you and your family.
To read more about the services, groups and activities we offer check out our Support Catalogue here.