The disability sector is considered a high-risk setting for COVID-19 and some restrictions remain in order to protect the health of vulnerable participants.
The following protocols will be adhered to in order to keep everyone safe.
- If anyone has cold or flu symptoms or feels unwell, we ask them not to attend Interchange Illawarra group activities. Participants and staff members who display symptoms will be asked to go home.
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 is excluded from visiting or attending Interchange Illawarra activities. Staff members who test positive will be unable to work for a minimum seven-day period after their positive test.
- Rapid Antigen Tests are available from the Interchange Illawarra Kenny Street Office for any participants or staff members who require one.
- Participants will be encouraged to use hand sanitiser upon arrival and departure from group activities.
- Extra cleaning will be undertaken by staff members, surfaces will be disinfected before, during and after groups.
- Hand washing and sanitising will be encouraged throughout the day, before & after activities, eating, personal care, etc.
- Participants and staff members will be encouraged to practice social distancing where possible.
- Interchange Illawarra will keep participants and staff members informed of any updates or procedural changes as required.