To be eligible for services from Interchange Illawarra the Participant must:
- have a diagnosed disability
- live in the Wollongong, Shellharbour or Kiama Local Government Area;
- be below 65 years of age
- have NDIS or FACs funding and/or seeking a fee for service support
If the Participant is determined eligible for Interchange Illawarra supports, a referral form is completed by staff. The referral may also be emailed or posted to Interchange Illawarra from an external service (with participant consent). The form will capture things like:
- Participant contact details
- Non-NDIA funded supports
- NDIA funded supports Including relevant support categories/line items
- Case Management/support coordination information
- Plan management details
If any individual needs are highlighted during the completion of the referral, such as the need for an interpreter, this can be arranged as required by the Interchange Illawarra staff member. Easy read and translated resources are also available upon request.
The Participant or their referral source will be asked to describe the Participant’s level of required support – In line with NDIS ratio’s outlined in the NDIS price guide and terms of business as well as their behavioural and medical needs, and how this would impact on provision of Interchange Illawarra support.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 4227 1079 if you would like further information on how we may be able to support you.